IS MENOPAUSE BAD?OZ Health Admin
Menopause associated with the ‘end of fertility’ or the ‘uncomfortable symptoms’ may sound bad.
However, menopause is a completely natural phase of life. You may experience physical and emotional changes during menopause, but many women experience a newfound sense of freedom.
By combining positive thoughts and a healthy lifestyle, many women are changing their menopause experience.
Menopause is a new phase of your life “it is a great time to assess your lifestyle and health”
What is Menopause?
Menopause is an important health milestone for women. In Asia, this usually occurs between the ages of 45 to 50.
The word menopause comes from Greek: Meno means ‘month’, pausis means ‘to stop’, referring to the last menstrual period that a woman experiences.
Women are born with egg cells which store in ovaries. When the ovaries no longer release an egg every month the hormone levels in the body will fall, it will trigger symptoms which are associated with menopause.
Common Symptoms of Menopause:
- Hot Flushes –sudden feelings of heat, which can make your skin red and sweaty
- Night Sweats – hot flushes that occur at night
- Sleep Disturbances
- Vaginal Dryness – pain, itching, or discomfort during intercourse
- Loss of Libido – reduced sex drive
- Mood changes – mood swings, low mood and/or anxiety
- Memory or Concentration Problems
- HealthHub. (2018, November 28). Menopause: Symptoms and Treatments. HealthHub. http://www.healthhub.sg/a-z/diseases-and-conditions/736/Menopause-Symptoms-and-Treatments#1.
- Logan, J. (2020, May). FAQ: The Menopause. Natures Aid. http://www.naturesaid.co.uk/blog/faq-the-menopause/.